Transition validator that requires value but not modification during transition?

Robin Garman March 27, 2014

I want to require that certain fields are populated, questions are met, etc. by certain milestones/transitions in a project. However, if the information is entered earlier than a transition, the user is forced to modify the value at the transition as well. Is there a solution for this issue? For example, an "if populated" validator option instead of a modification validator? This is for the OnDemand version of Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

You should be able to do this via the Script Runner add on or write your own custom validator. I guess you need to check if the value coming in the validator is the same as the value in the issue.

Robin Garman April 24, 2014

Thanks Timothy, but I don't know if that actually works for Jira OnDemand. We need to be able to a custom validator on the OnDemand version.

Suggest an answer