Transition validation

Steve Andretti May 19, 2016

Hi all i have 2 custom field first approval and second approval (user custom field) is it possible to allow transition permission based on the user custom field. Lets say transition name is first approved than this transition is only allow to be done by the first approval user custom field tried to check all the validation and seems cant find it.

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

If I understand you, you want to limit who can be the second approver based on who was the first? You'd need a script for that if you're using user ids. And remember you'll need to update the script when the players change.

Steve Andretti May 19, 2016

Hi Joe thanks for the answer, i want to limit who can be the first approver based on the custom user field named (First Approval) and after that i want to limit also who can be the second approver based on the custom user field named (Second Approval). Do i need a plugin or script for this? If i do need a script how can i plug in the script to the JIRA im very new in JIRA application

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

I believe the behavior plugin allows scripting. I stay away from it because if someone else takes over support they may not have the skills to support it. As I said, if the players change the script will need updating.

Suggest an answer