Transition permissions: is it possible?

Giovanna Cóppola May 14, 2014

Hello,

This is my current workflow:

Workflow

This is what I need:

Assignee can only: "Criar tarefa", "Iniciar tarefa", "Pausar tarefa", "Reiniciar tarefa" and "Iniciar testes e revisões".

Administrators can do all of the above and every other transitions I didn't mention.

Is there a way to tell JIRA that I need these transition permissions?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

Yes, you can add a workflow condition to limit these transitions to roles, groups etc.

Giovanna Cóppola May 14, 2014

You can only add one condition per transition? Can I limit the same transition to both assignee and administrator at the same time?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

You can add any number of conditions and groups them with "AND"/"OR" options. So, yes ;)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

You can add as many as you want. You can also group them with AND/OR

So for your current comment, you'd add:

Assignee only

People in the role of project adminstrator only

Then make sure the list is set to OR

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2016

If you don't have a condition on the Workflow Transition, does that mean even users not logged in can transition the issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2016

This is a very old thread.  But yes, up until JIRA 6.4 I think, when an explicit "transition permission" was added to JIRA

Suggest an answer