Transition on comment ends into null state

Arpan Mehetre February 22, 2017

Hi all, I wanted to transition the workflow state automatically on comment by reporter and hence was using the Automation Rule to achieve the same. The rule is as follows - 

If req state = Additional Info || req state = Customer Confirmation then transitions state to = Waiting Agents Confirmation.

Here, the Waiting Agents Confirmation is a state added into workflow and also the transitions from Additional Info & Customer Confirmation state is already added into the workflow. Now, when the user comments on the request from Customer Portal the requests new state shows as - Null but when we refresh the Customer Portal page the state changes to Waiting Agents Confirmation. 

To add more, this is a custom workflow I created whole from scratch and I am using it with Service Desk type project. Also, I compared my custom workflow with the built in workflows and only difference I noticed is with the properties for transition state. I have no properties set for my workflow and also I am not sure what values to be put in the properties but according to this article - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/workflow-properties-in-jira-service-desk-701596238.html manual configuration of property is not recommended and to get the automatic transmission the Automation Rules can be used.

Please help me to understand - What I am doing wrong? Do I need to configure the properties? If yes, with what values?

Thank you.

Edit - Guys any help? I am stuck with this since last two days. Any thoughts or bit of help would also do. Let me know if any additional information is required. Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
jaustin March 6, 2017

I'm having the same problem and haven't found a fix yet.

0 votes
Arpan Mehetre March 1, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] - Any thoughts on this issue? I'm stuck with this. Or is there a way I can open a support ticket for this?

Suggest an answer