Transition name change automatically

Eric Sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

I have created a few workflows and added transitions from one status to another.  However every now and then we go to use the workflow and all or some of the transition names will have changed and I need to go back into the workflow and correct them.

The severity of the change varies, however, it is always that they will change to be one of the existing transitions names (it does not just make up some random names all by itself).

I have had a look to see if anyone else has had this issue and I cannot see that they have.  Am I alone on this one?

This is a frustrating issue and time consuming.

Any help on why this is happening and how to stop it is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2014

The only way a transition name can change is if an administrator edits the workflow.  The system shows you the last person who edited the workflow, so look at that, and go have the conversation with the culprit.

The exception to that rule is if your workflow is "Simplified" by the Agile process - that generates and updates workflows to match an Agile board, and those can be edited by anyone with project admin rights for the related projects.  The names of the transtions are tied to the status names, so it's not "random", it's "being made to match the status names)

You need to check for both of these cases. 

Eric Sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2014

Hi Nic, Thanks for the reply. I don’t feel I am using Simplified Workflow as it is saying that it is not available and from when I have ready we do not meet the conditions to be using it. I will keep an eye on who changed the transition last, however, I think I am the only one how knows how to do this (but then again I might have some creative admin users). I will update this question as I fine more evidence.

Suggest an answer