Transition linked issues

Hello,

Consider the following scenario:

I'm working with 2 linked issues. The 1st issue is blocked by the 2nd issue. The 1st issue is part of a support process visible to my clients. The 2nd issue is part of an internal development process. Each of the processes has different workflows.

Is there a way to automatically change the status of the 1st issue based on a status change on the 2nd?

e.g. 2nd issue status is changed to "resolved" in its own workflow, I want to automatically change 1st issue status to "ready for UAT" in its workflow.

Please let me know if im not being clear enough.

Regards,
Pablo 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Mar 10, 2016

The ScriptRunner plugin can help you with that by adding a post function that would fast track the transition on the 2nd issue when you change the 1st issue's status. 

Thanks Mikael! I'll try the plugin.

Regards,

Pablo

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

620 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you