Transition issue via email?

I shall make this brief...

I have an email handler setup to create an issue via an email to a specific address. This works just fine.

Is it possible (via a plugin or code even) to send an email to transition an issue to the next status?

Thanks

Paul

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Sep 16, 2013

Hi Paul

You may to look for the following mail handler plugins which could provide the requested configuration:

This widget could not be displayed.
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Sep 16, 2013

Hi Paul, you can use a JIRA Add-on for this. Check the JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

JEMH allows users to provide Directives, that can update all standard JIRA fields as well as advance workflow, eg;

@workflow=Start Progress

JEMH has Aliases that can allow you to define 'start' = 'workflow = Start Progress' to simplify the above to:

@start

If you just want to reopen resolved issues on comment, JEMH can do that through configuration.

There is a gotcha for unassigned issues to bear in mind.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 9 hours ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

26 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you