Transition epic by transition of issue in epic using jjupin sil

Brian Mauerman February 26, 2015

I would like to try an accomplish two things.

1. Use a post function jjupin sil script to copy the information in a custom field from an issue in an epic, and insert it into a custom field of the epic the issue is "under" (I have successfully been able to do this from a subtask to a parent by following some JJUPIN tutorials)
  2. Use a post function jjupin sil script to transition the epic forward in it's workflow, based on the transition of an issue that is "under" the epic (I have also been able to do this from a subtask to parent)

There are great tutorials to help a novice like me in the subtask/parent relationshitp, but due to subtasks not being able to be used in Sprint planning I'd like to use standard issue types and have then update the epic they are associated with, using post functions in the workflow.

2 answers

0 votes
AkashD August 8, 2016

Hello Silviu,

I am in trouble to resolve the linked issue parent-child structure auto transition please help me how do i resolve this problem

My SIL post function :-

string sk;
bool alldesign = true;
for (sk in linkedIssues(parent)) {
if (%sk%.status != "Design Completed" && sk != key) {
alldesign = false;
}
}
if(alldesign) {
autotransition(3, parent);
}

I have two different issue types in one project where isuue type "Story Task" is parent and issue type "Task" as child i put the post fuction in Transition of child workflow issue type "Task"

But its not changing the transition of issue type "Story Task"

please help me how do i resolve this problem. 

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2015

Hi Brian,

1. I'm guessing that you have used the parent predefined variable to do that from subtask to parent. You can get the CF value from another issue by using the issue key and the CF name/id, like this:

number val = DEMO-1.SomeNumericCF; // get the value

The rest of your task should be simple using this hint. You can find more information about variable resolution here, it's a valuable resource for novices, you will learn how to get and set CF values in seconds:

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL30/Variable+Resolution

2. You can obtain the epic current status using the above hint. If you know the next transition to follow, you can use the autotransition routine to move forward in the workflow.

If you need additional guidance, simply comment on my answer or send us an email, we're eager to help.

Happy SIL coding!

Silviu

Suggest an answer