Transition depending on earlier status

Michael Rasmussen February 27, 2015

Hi

Besides standard status' I made a Authorized status, for project managers or customers to authorize issues before it gets to IN PROGRESS. From OPEN we can AUTHORIZE or CLOSE. But if we close and reopen, we can jump to IN PROGRESS, without AUTHORIZED ever being activated. Some times that is true other times its not.

My question: Can I set the transition based on previous chosen status'? Can I have a transition going to statusB if at some point we where on statusA, and if statusA was never hit, the transition should go to statusC?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2015

Easiest thing to do hear will be to create a "Reopened" status and go to there instead of going back to "Open" when an issue is reopened. From "Reopened", you can then go to "In Progress" or "Closed".

If this is not an option, you will have to try different things. For example, you can set a flag 'Authorized' (using a custom field - maybe checkbox), once an issue was authorized (using the workflow post function). From 'Open', you can then have a transition to 'In Progress' if the 'Authorized' flag is already set.

Suggest an answer