Transition conditional valitator on subtask status

Aron Felberbaum May 28, 2015

Would like to add a conditional validator to only close parent issue if subtasks status is closed or parent resolution value is set to 'ABC'

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2015

You can use an OR condition on the parent workflow. Use Subtask Blocking Condition and Value Field condition from JIRA Suite Utilities plugin for the OR condition.

Aron Felberbaum May 28, 2015

I'm trying to to do this as validators so I could include the resolution field in the transition screen.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2015

I am afraid there is no subtask blocking validators in JIRA. Not sure if a plugin supports it or not. Your best bet would be to write a custom validator, either in a plugin or using script runner.

Aron Felberbaum May 29, 2015

There is a Validation on subtasks, my issue is how can I use OR condition on validators

Suggest an answer