Transition condition checking if issue is not assigned to current user?

Chris Wetterman January 10, 2013

I've removed the Assign Issue permission and created an Assign Issue to Me transition so users can only assign issues to themselves. I followed the advice given here by Renjith. Everything works great except I would like to hide the Assign Issue to Me button when an issue is assigned to the current user.

There's the condition "Only the assignee of the issue can execute this transition" but I'm looking for a condition that's "Only when the current user is not the assignee of the issue can they execute this transition". So the inverse. I'm on a local instance of JIRA (v5.0) but won't have the ability install any plugins. Is this possible with JIRA alone?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Wetterman January 10, 2013
Right, but what I would like to do is to set a condition so that button only displays when the issue is not assigned to the current user. Right now that assigned to me transition button only appears when the issue has a status of Open. When you select the assign to me button it transitions to the same status of Open but there's a post function that auto-assigns it tothe current user. Likewise, I have an Unassign Issue transition with the condition of Only the assignee can execute this transition. So when an issue is not assigned to a user they will not see that unassign issue transition button.
0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Everything works great except I would like to hide the Assign Issue to Me button when an issue is assigned to the current user.

Hmm, if the button executes a transition, then after a user has assigned the issue to himself, shouldn't the button be removed already ? As the issue has already transitioned and therefore it "moves" to the next phase where you cannot execute the transition anymore. (The next phase does not have the transition)

Unless you created a transition that points back to the issue itself.

Suggest an answer