Transition buttons not appearing for few tickets after work flow update and roll back.

Jaswanth P February 2, 2018

I update the work flow on a project and with in hours I rolled back the update to the initial backed-up work flow. In this process few tickets that got created in between are not showing transition buttons. I ran the integrity checker and it showed no errors. The users have necessary permissions! Tickets created after the roll back are fine and show the transition buttons.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2018

Check you haven't put conditions on the workflow that are hiding the transitions from you, then try the integrity checker to see if that fixes it.  If still no luck, then try changing the workflows on the project to a copied set of workflows.

Jaswanth P February 4, 2018

zero conditions through out the work flow! I ran the integrity checker on the work flow and there were no errors. 

I will probably try your second suggestion and see. Thanks!

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2018

It is somthing that happens time to time, sometimes you can solve it by updating the workflow entry table.

Here you can find some ways to solve this problem:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/workflow-transition-button-disappeared-from-the-issue-view-page-800304645.html

Jaswanth P February 4, 2018

Is there a way to do this without touching the db tables? I tried this - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issue-is-not-showing-expected-transitions-695111232.html but nothing still worked.

I was thinking of cloning the existing work flow and assign the cloned work flow back to the project - hoping to trigger the transition buttons for the those few tickets! 

Suggest an answer