Transition buttons do not respond to the workflow

Jan Juricek May 18, 2014

Hello, I renamed some transitions and did some minor adjustments to a default workflow of my service desk and I expected the buttons in the issue "button bar" would adjust accordingly. I can see my new status names in the issue detail.

http://1drv.ms/1p6vC29

Am I missing something? Can anybody point me at a docu point where I can understand what do I do wrong?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan Juricek May 25, 2014

This has not been resolved by Atlassian for a week so I quit experimenting. I faced some weird "index rebuilding" requirement which I was unable to perform.

Dunno how this is realted, but it does not matter now.

0 votes
Jonathan Hult January 7, 2016

This worked for me. A pain but at least it worked.

0 votes
Jan Juricek May 19, 2014

They have wrong button label and generally do not follow the workflow I have defined.

My workflow is as captured on the screenshot above, while the button has following cycle: "Respond to customer" > "Ready to support" > "Respond to customer"

From what I read I believe those buttons should correspond available "transitions" in every given workflow step.

My workflow has following transitions defined. While the "workflow" switches correctly between "From" statuses, it still does display different transitions than what I have defined. I also added the "Ready for Support X" name to make sure the "Ready for Support" button I have is not from my workflow.

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Hi Jan,

Do the workflow buttons have the wrong button label or do they not show up at all?

Jan Juricek May 19, 2014

They have wrong button label and generally do not follow the workflow I have defined.

My workflow is as captured on the screenshot above, while the button has following cycle: "Respond to customer" > "Ready to support" > "Respond to customer"

From what I read I believe those buttons should correspond available "transitions" in every given workflow step.

My workflow has following transitions defined. While the "workflow" switches correctly between "From" statuses, it still does display different transitions than what I have defined. I also added the "Ready for Support X" name to make sure the "Ready for Support" button I have is not from my workflow.

Jan Juricek May 19, 2014

This is the workflow screenshot

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Jan,

Are you sure your workflow scheme is configured correctly and it links the correct issues to your workflow? Please also check if your workflow scheme is also added to the project correctly.

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014

Also when you click the view workflow link in your issue detail view, do you see the correct workflow image?

Jan Juricek May 19, 2014

yes I do see the correct workflow

0 votes
Jan Juricek May 18, 2014

0 votes
Jan Juricek May 18, 2014

Suggest an answer