Transition button is visible to all even when I have added a condition : Only Reporter can execute this transition

Poorva_Mehta February 1, 2017

Hi All,

I had deleted 'Only Reporter can execute this transition' condition from my Transition to 'Close' button to perform some of the task related to that Close issue transaction.

After sometime again added the condition : 'Only Reporter can execute this transition' but still the 'Close' button is visible to all and everyone are able to close that particular JIRA id even when the condition : 'Only Reporter can execute this transition' is applied. 

Please help me to identify the root cause of it and how can i resolve this issue ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

I suspect that your admin who added the condition either did not publish the workflow after making the changes, or  may have put it on another transition.  It's quite common for people to accidentally duplicate transitions when there are "from all" transitions available.

Poorva_Mehta February 2, 2017

Yes, the updated condition was not published by the admin.

Now, the issue is resolved.

Thanks smile

Suggest an answer