Transition Screen Not Viewable In Issue Screen

Miles Readman October 1, 2013

I am trying to setup a step in my workflow where if a user clicks on a particular transition, a screen that I have created appears and the user enters in the information. The only issue is once the user enters in the information these fields are not appearing on the issue..

I understand in the screen scheme configuration you have to make sure the screen is set to 'view' however when i do this the original fields that I have setup before this transition occurs do not appear.

How can I make all the fields associated with this issue type appear?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2013

I'm not sure what you mean by you've "you have to make sure the screen is set to view" in the screen scheme.

To go over it quickly, a screen scheme tells the project which screens your Jira project/issue-type uses for the actions of Create, Edit and View. This is not related to your transition screens (although there is nothing to stop you using the same screen for any/all of them)

My best guess is that your transition screen is fine, and includes a load of fields, but you have not added those fields to the screen you are using in the screen-scheme for view...

Miles Readman October 1, 2013

I'm not sure what you mean. The screen that I have setup for 'view' is the transition screen. The 'default' screen is another screen I setup with a different set of fields that don't exist in the transition screen I have setup.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2013
OK so if I understand this right, you can ignore the default screen as it's not relevant. Your transition and view screens are the same (not just similar definitions, but the same screen). Is that correct? If it is, then I would like to check my understanding of the problem - that you enter data in field x in a transition and then that data is not shown in view? (This is why I suspect you are using different screens - Jira will only behave as describes if you are using different screens, you have some JavaScript doing something horrid, or you have a function deliberately deleting your new data )
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

Do not make the new screen as "View screen". You should have a separate screen where all the fields that you want to see on "View issue" page are available.

When you do that, users can edit the issue and fill in the original fields and can use the workflow transition to fill in the new fields. All the fields will be visible on "View" screen once they are populated.

Suggest an answer