Transition Issue on Post function Call

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

I am trying to transition an issue based on some conditions. On Issue Create event, after the "Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners" step, I am trying to fire a transition based on a condition. Though I have added log statement, I am not able to get the message on atlassian-jira.log file. What is missing here?

2 answers

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

Unfortunately, you cannot at this time trigger a transition on an issue using the Transition Issue post-function from within the Create transition. See https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMWE-271

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2015

Hi David, Why are the log statements which are in the condition text of Transition Issue post function not getting called?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2015

Could you please suggest if there is any workaround to achieve this?

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2015

I have no idea why the log traces don't appear. They clearly should, since the Groovy condition is the first thing that gets run by the post-function. Can you post your Groovy code here? As for workarounds, I'm not aware of any but we intend to try and provide a solution ASAP (although I cannot commit on a specific date right now).

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2015

log.info("subtask objects size : "+issueObject.getSubTaskObjects().size()); issueObject.getSubTaskObjects().size() > 0

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2015

Did you adjust the log level for the com.innovalog.jmwe package (in Admin)? Because by default INFO level logging is disabled. Otherwise, replace log.info() with log.error() to make sure the log is written.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2015

Thanks David. I am able to see the logs after the setting of log level.

0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2015

I am not sure if there is any limitation on Issue Created event..

Suggest an answer