Transition Date/Time Field (JIRA Misc Custom Fields) is not showing time

Hansoo Bae September 30, 2016

I successfully setup transition date/time field, I thought.

but it's not showing time, only date.

How can I fix this? 

I can see time on view screen(detail view of issue), but it's not showing on issue list or exported excel file. 

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

For the Excel export part of the problem, you will get better results using the Better Excel Exporter app integrated with Jira Misc Custom Fields.

It will export the date-time values precisely (to the seconds resolution) and you can even apply your own cell formatting to those values in Excel.

jira-misc-custom-fields-export

(Discl. I am developer of this paid app.)

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2016

The display of transition date/time fields respects your general JIRA settings for the display of dates (e.g. "created" field). You can change it in JIRA's advanced settings.

As for the Excel export, it's an old JIRA bug...

Hansoo Bae October 3, 2016

Thanks for your reply,

in my JIRA's advanced settings, I think it has no problem.

jira.date.picker.java.format: dd/MMM/yy

jira.date.picker.javascript.format: %d/%b/%y

jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format: %d/%b/%y %I:%M %p

jira.date.time.picker.java.format: dd/MMM/yy h:mm a

Could you please recommend change required for the settings? 

Hansoo Bae October 3, 2016

edit/view screen (created date also with time)

image2016-10-4 10:23:20.png

issue list

image2016-10-4 10:23:7.png

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

I'm not sure what the problem is. As you can see, all date/time values, including for system fields, are shown as just the date in the issue navigator. That's a standard JIRA feature.

If you really need date and time, and you can live without sorting on that field (you can always display both versions), you can create a Calculated Text Field with the format you want.

Or you can raise a feature request on https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9 for the Transition Date/time fields to support custom formatting for issue view and issue lists - I believe it could be implemented fairly easily (just like for the Calculated Date/time fields).

Hansoo Bae October 4, 2016

OK. I just expected that Transition Date/time is showing time on the issue list as well. 

I will raise a feature request. thanks for you help.

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2016

It's said to be pretty much useless raising a Feature Request with Atlassian if there's already a commercial plugin that does the same thing. People selling expensive plugins are an important part of the Atlassian ecosystem.

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2016

Except the feature request was raised with Innovalog wink

Hansoo Bae October 5, 2016

I do understand your point @David Skreiner. My company is also using certain paid plugins for JIRA and Confluence. If the plugin provide functions we need, we're going to pay, of course.

In this case we have great free plugin and if we have enough time to wait until feature is provided, then why not? if we cannot wait any longer, we're going to buy other plugin. 

Also I think any suggestion can be considered, and then maybe developer can drop it. I am not forcing anything. 

I think this is also important for the ecosystem as well. 

thanks for your suggestion smile 

Suggest an answer