Transition Condition -- Confirm Checkbox is Checked

David Woods January 19, 2017

In Jira On Demand I am trying to create a transition condition based on a custom checkbox. I don't know the value of the checked checkbox. When I setup the condition do I use String compare? What value is there when the box is checked?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

It's an "option" - you need to use the text next to the tick.  e.g. for field Animal, with Cat, Dog and Penguin as possible ticked options, you want to use Dog to check if Dog is selected

David Woods January 19, 2017

Nic Brough, as simple as that is, it is most big appreciated. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. My workflow is working. <clapping>

Like Allen Lee likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

It's an old trick I learned from JIRA version <mumble> - JIRA thinks in "options" for a number of fields - radio button, check box, select, multi-select and cascading select.  Also might be handy to know that the code for radio-button and select list varies only in the GUI (same pairing for check-box and multi-select)

Like Allen Lee likes this

Suggest an answer