Transfering data from Windows-based suite to RHEL-based suite

James W. Krych October 18, 2017

Hello,

The current suite runs on Windows Server 2008. The versions are as follows:

Jira 7.2.3

Crowd 2.10

Confluence 5.10.8

I have taken the initial steps to create the new RHEL 7.4 servers. These are running the latest versions of Crowd, Confluence, and Jira.

The express installation option was used.

Going from the Windows side to eventually on the Linux side, what are the folders that I can copy? Or, can I export backups from the three (older versions)and then import them into the newest versions?

I am probably assuming that any such exporting/importing, file copying will need to be done at a time when no activity is present on the existing suite.

Best,

James

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

You'll definitely want to do this through a maintenance cycle.

A few schools of thought - really dependent on what you're doing with the backend database.

1.  Export content and import it into the new instances - good if you don't care about the database and your instances are small enough.

2. Bring your prod upto the installed versions of your linux side.   Point the linux servers to the sql back end, move the attachments directory, fire it up, add your market place add-ins back in and see where you're at.

There's also few community articles on this.  one of those being here

Suggest an answer