It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Transfer tasks from Jira next gen to Jira server instance

For matter of connecting to customers and work on joint list of tasks i like to open up Jira core. We have a server solution and due to security measures we cna not have customers update tasks and information.

i ccreated a cloud based next gen project ot do this. 

What are the best ways to link these tasks to a server based instance so that my internal team members can work with them?

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Sep 29, 2019

Hi @Friendly Giant 

By transfer, do you mean you want to link these tickets or you meant you would like to move these tickets to your server instance?

How do you intend your colleagues to participate on the cloud instance? Directly leaving comment or you just want to reference the cloud tickets within the internal JIRA?

Do you expect customers to be able to see the issue key of the internal ticket?

What are the best ways to link these tasks to a server based instance so that my internal team members can work with them?

I cannot recommend using the Next-gen project for actual production work because it is still a Beta project.

However to link your JIRAs, you will need to:

1. Configure an application link between both JIRA instances.
  2. From each issue, select link issue and This should allow you select tickets from either server that you can then link your other ticket to.

I hope this helps and if I misunderstood, do help clarify.

Regards.
Ismael.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

Remember that time you realized it was possible to refresh your Jira data in Google sheets with just one click? What if we told you that you can now get the latest data with no clicks at all?! Zero! ...

7,365 views 33 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you