Tracking of Third-Party Ticket IDs in Jira

Deleted user December 23, 2014

Hello,

is there a way to track the Ticket ID in mails from third parties in JIRA with the mail handler (not only the own Ticket ID).

Example: customer reports a problem, he get´s a Ticket ID and when he replies his mail will be added as comment in his Ticket in Jira.

I open a ticket at the developers site (because I need his help) and get also a Ticket ID from him. I want now that his mails will be tracked by the same Ticket in JIRA with his third party Ticket ID. Is there a way to do this?

Best regards, Tom

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2014

You'll need to find or write an addon that can parse your incoming email, find the ticket id you want to match, then find the JIRA issue and comment on it.  (Rather than JIRA's default "if I find the issue id in the subject, then it's a comment" rule)

If you don't want to write one, then look for the JEMH addon - that can do it.

Deleted user January 5, 2015

Hi Nic,

thank you for your answer.

I have already installed the JEMH addon. It´s realy difficult to configure to my own requirements.

Can you give me a hint how to configure that JEMH can track a third party number?

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events