Tracking a deleted issue

tyler newman December 4, 2013

Hello,

A user deleted a JIRA ticket, and I'm trying to track down who is responsible. The user may not even realize this was done, but it is a security issue and I need to know who did it.

Since the ticket was deleted, I can't view it's 'History'...is there any other way to determine which person was responsible?

Using OnDemand, latest version. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

No. It's gone. There's nothing left of the issue in the database.

The only way to track deletes is to plough through access logs. Which might not have enough detail, and aren't accessible to OnDemand users as far as I can tell.

You could raise a request with OnDemand support, but I don't know if they'll be able to help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

Oh, and what Joe just said - you should limit issue delete rights to... well, no-one really. Even your admins. They should re-enable it for themselves briefly if there's a real necessity.

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2013

This is why we don't allow deleting issues. If it is entered by error it can be closed immediately with a resolution of CANCELLED and required reason text field. We also don't allow deleting or editing comments. It will come back to bite you sooner or later, just like the missing minutes from the Nixon tapes. Someone will want to know what was there.

Suggest an answer