Tracking Defects

Jason Pines January 4, 2018

Hello,

I am trying to account for all defects that moved from QA back to in Dev and UAT back to In Dev.

I have created the following JQL queries

Sprint in closedSprints() AND (issuetype = Story OR issuetype = "Bug/Defect" OR issuetype = Enhancement) AND status changed from 10019 to 3 during (-21d, now())  AND project != "Web Content" ORDER BY project ASC

Sprint in closedSprints() AND (issuetype = Story OR issuetype = "Bug/Defect" OR issuetype = Enhancement) AND status changed from 10019 to 3 during (-21d, now())  AND project != "Web Content" ORDER BY project ASC

This only shows me the defect moving one time

Is there a way to find all of the times something moved back? Meaning, if a defect went from QA to In Dev and then it did the same thing again. (So that one defect went 2 times?)

Thank you,

Jason

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hi Jason

Not with out-of-the-box JQL, because as soon as the query finds a match for a particular story, it will display it and move on, You cannot get one story returned more than once

Jason Pines January 4, 2018

Thank you.

When you say not out-of-the-box, does that mean it would need to be custom built?

Sincerely,

Jason

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

There may be an add-on which does this, but, firstly I'm not aware of whether there is and secondly most add-ons cost money

Jason Pines January 8, 2018

Thank you

Suggest an answer