Track where releases have been installed

Hello. I'm a new user of jira and i'm still trying to configure the platform to fit my needs.

We are a really small team of developers that builds small scripts and applications that are installed on multiple clients.

I would like to have the possibility to track where each releases have been installed inside JIRA.

Let say I have application APPX

there is 3 releases of this application.   APPXv1, APPXv2 and APPXv3. I would like to be able to log and track where each of these releases have been installed.

Is this possible? How?

Regards,

Daniel

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Nov 04, 2017

Dear Daniel, 

Yes, it is possible by managing fix versions. Please, read below link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/managing-versions-802592484.html

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Hi,

I've read the link but still can't find where I can log where the releases have been installed.

I would like to log something like

APPXV1 1.0.4 Release data 03/Nov/2017

Installed on Customer ABC inc.

Installed on Customer 123 enr.

Installed on Customer JJJ.com

APPXV1 1.1.8 Release data 05/Nov/2017

Intalled on Customer 888 inc.

Installed on Customer PPP enr.

Etc..

That way, If I have to patch a version, I can know exactly where I have to send the updates.

REgards,

Daniel

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,111 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot