Track the remaining work for a team

Manikandan K November 7, 2017

My requirement is to show the remaining work of the team after the Sprint is completed and track the value for past five Sprints. 

I would like to know is it possible to create a custom field , generate the value for the custom field using the JQL function and store them .

If i use above approach do i need to create custom field for every team ?

Let me know if there are any other better approach for this requirement

Currently i generate the remaining sum by running below query

issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total Estimate for all Issues", "originalEstimate.sum()", "Remaining work", "remainingEstimate.sum()")  and issueFunction in previousSprint("Olympians Board for Story")

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

Hi @Manikandan K,

As you appear to be running a scrum board, have you considered looking at the default Jira reports for that purpose:

the Release Burndown Report

the Epic Burndown report (the same, but focused on a specific epic)

the Version report (which is slightly different, but forecasts your end date)

We tried above options and it doesnt provide us the required results as our teams are focusing on multiple Epics and different versions at the same time

I would like to have a report something like 

Team 1
Sprint                  1   2   3   4
Remaining work 50 40 35 20

Team 2
Sprint                  1   2   3   4
Remaining work 30 20 10 20

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

If you are using a single board, how do you define your different teams? 

@Walter Buggenhout-We do have seven teams and each team using their own board

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2017

So each team can track its own report. Do you have different versions per team because teams work across different Jira projects in one board? Or is their a different reason for that (my last question to understand your situation, I think)?

Suggest an answer