Track share button submissions for issue sharing

We love using the share button to notify users and non-users alike of an issue and it's current status. One problem we have is tracking when the share button has been used. The share isn't stored and the comment on the share isn't stored in the issue's history.

Is this possible out of the box or would it be a feature request?

3 answers

Hi Robert,

I have a similar usage of sharing issues - to keep customers (non users) up to date. Maybe this free plugin would be a nice solution for your request?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.shareYourJira

You will be able to grant a 1:1 view of issues to your customers (non users), no refreshing or additional shares smile

Thank you, I am forwarding this share email plug in idea with my manager.

Same problem with tracking, but emails were not send (only sometimes). The email funktion is integrated in our JIRA instance and working normaly good. There is no problem with sharing filters.

Optimally, I would like a way to pull in a "last shared date" by currentuser() with the shared message via JQL, so I can manage communications in a filter or gadget. This could be layered with a jql clause that looks at updated > LastSharedDate and Last Interaction By != currentUser() to more/less isolate issues that perhaps still need follow-up (assuming the share engaged users for follow-up).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

420 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you