Track share button submissions for issue sharing

Robert Swarts July 24, 2012

We love using the share button to notify users and non-users alike of an issue and it's current status. One problem we have is tracking when the share button has been used. The share isn't stored and the comment on the share isn't stored in the issue's history.

Is this possible out of the box or would it be a feature request?

3 answers

1 vote
Sebastian Schöne July 27, 2015

Hi Robert,

I have a similar usage of sharing issues - to keep customers (non users) up to date. Maybe this free plugin would be a nice solution for your request?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.shareYourJira

You will be able to grant a 1:1 view of issues to your customers (non users), no refreshing or additional shares smile

Chris Komaroff September 16, 2015

Thank you, I am forwarding this share email plug in idea with my manager.

0 votes
Chad Wight March 8, 2014

Optimally, I would like a way to pull in a "last shared date" by currentuser() with the shared message via JQL, so I can manage communications in a filter or gadget. This could be layered with a jql clause that looks at updated > LastSharedDate and Last Interaction By != currentUser() to more/less isolate issues that perhaps still need follow-up (assuming the share engaged users for follow-up).

0 votes
Thomas Seehack January 20, 2014

Same problem with tracking, but emails were not send (only sometimes). The email funktion is integrated in our JIRA instance and working normaly good. There is no problem with sharing filters.

Suggest an answer