Track WorkLog of employees

Thomas Lausecker October 7, 2012

Hello,

I do have a question concerning Jira (Atlassian OnDemand):
-) Its about the "WorkLog / Time Spent" Field

Is there any way how I can find out how much work employee XY has spent today (and on which tasks)?
Same if if would like to find out for a specific day in the past?
Reason behind this: How can I check if resource XY has entered 8h for e.g. yesterday? And how can I easily see the related tasks?

Is maybe a customized filter the best solution to solve this issue?
How could I get the information from this field - it seems to me that there is no access to the WorkLog data.
(Basically it would be something like this I would need:
project = test AND assignee = XY AND timespent [show logged time from 07.10.2012 only]

Or is there a way more smarter option than using customized filters?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

In OnDemand you can't install third party plugins or reports. But from the list of available plugins, Tempo can help you generate a report to show issues worked on and total time spent by a user over a specified time. It is not a filter though.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy#AtlassianOnDemandPluginPolicy-DirectPurchaseCommercialAdd-Ons

Thomas Lausecker October 8, 2012

Thanks for this hint! The mentioned plugin (Tempo) gives me the analysis I needed.

One addional question :) As soon as I activated the plugin: The WorkLog is now available twice (one from original Jira - and one similar from Tempo). Do you know - is there a chance to get rid of one (to avoid puzzled users)?

Suggest an answer