Track Time In Status Automatically

Mick C July 4, 2017

I'm finding it difficult to believe that tracking "Time In Status" is so hard to achieve with JIRA.

What I'm looking for is a report that lists all the issues (within a filter) and shows simply "2 days in TO DO", "1 Day in IN PROGRESS", "2.5 hours in QA"

etc etc.

It seems almost impossible to achieve, yet this should be core functionality of Jira. Can someone please tell me that I'm being an idiot and that this functionality is readily available?

Thanks.

PS I do not want developers to have manually input time. Again, this seems massively unnecessary.

2 answers

1 vote
Eugene Yasiuchenko December 19, 2019

We've faced with the same problem/need in our company. The best FREE solution in the Market - is 'Timentify' plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221604/timentify?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

It's not yet offering extensive reports, but it's ideal for getting an instant info for a given issue. Using this one and waiting for Atlassian to implement it out of the box

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

There is a knowledge base article titled Tracking the Time Taken for Each Workflow Transition that lists the JIRA Charts, JIRA Suite Utilities and the Time in Status plugin as possible alternatives.  Another add-on I have seen used is the Issue History Collector

While those offer work arounds, there are two Suggestions for this similar issue. 

Way to collect exact time a issue spend in a workflow:

JRACLOUD-63103 

JRASERVER-63103

Extend Average Time for Time in Status Gadget:

JRACLOUD-62999

JRASERVER-62999

Please vote on the issues so we can get that functionality added into JIRA.

Cheers,

Branden

Paige_Williams June 5, 2019

While helpful, it looks like all of the above have taken 2 years to be moved to "Gathering Interest" status, which judging by the number of threads in the forum, we are far past that state

Suggest an answer