Traceability report in JIRA

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2017

Is there any Tracebility report plugin to see end to end report to see Requirements ,Test cases and defects in a single report, Right now we are using different projects for Requirements, Test cases and Defects, we have some test report in R4J but we have performance using R4J Coverage report, fails to open with large data.

7 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 8, 2022

An alternative to creating requirements traceability reports from Jira is using the dedicated template in Better PDF Exporter.

In this tutorial article, you can learn how to generate a traceability PDF report from Jira >>>

20190603-jira-issue-links-traceability-report.png

(Please note that Better PDF Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

Have a look at Jira Snapshots for Confluence. Its an App for Confluence which pulls static Jira data into Confluence - it can pull as many levels of data as you need for your traceability. Its easy to setup- it uses JQL to select the data that is included, and you can select any of the Jira fields. It's an easy way to create traceability matrices, for example- for release documentation.
You can refresh the data whenever you need, and compare between different versions of the data. This is particularly handy when you need to review/approve the traceability information.
(Disclosure: I am one of the developers behind this App)

Jira-Snapshots-Release-Docs-2.png

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2019

You should try out "Links Explorer Traceability & Hierarchy". This is really good Traceability reports.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211120/links-explorer-traceability-hierarchy?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Bill McCallon November 20, 2019

I heard Greenlight guru has good traceability matrix, and as long as I know they are integrated with Jira.

0 votes
Leonard Collins July 3, 2019

Thanks for posting. Most interesting.

0 votes
Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

You may take a look synapseRT traceability matrix, it shows requirement, test case, test executions and bugs in the matrix, see screenshot below.

synapseRT_Traceability_Matrix.jpeg

0 votes
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 1, 2017

EazyBI is quite a good add-on for cross-project reporting Ashish... 

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2017

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your reply,

This report is generated in R4J coverage view , this is based on linked issues, can we generate same report using eazybi with custom fields data in between these issues like release, priority etc..traceability_report.jpg

Like Gokilavani Kumaraswamy likes this
Nina Swarbrick November 8, 2017

I am looking for a traceability matrix that generates a report with url links back to the requirements/issues etc. I am using the standard report from JIRA but it does not appear to have this in the the output. Any suggestions for an alternative, or perhaps I am missing something that I can configure?

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017
Like Andrea likes this
Gokilavani Kumaraswamy June 20, 2019

Hi Ash,

Could you please let me know how you arrived at the report you have shown above. Did you create the artifacts like Epic, Usecase , Requirements, Test case, Defects as an issue and link it to the Epic?

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2019

Hi @Gokilavani Kumaraswamy ,

Used R4J for JIRA all these issues are linked.

Nick Iles _AssertThat_ July 8, 2019

Hi, We've just released a traceability report in our AssertThat BDD Test Automation plugin.  The plugin is built for BDD implementations so it provides a gherkin editor and screens to create and maintain your features and scenarios. 

You can then link your Jira Issues (epics/userstories) to your scenarios in the Jira issue view.

The traceability report then allows you to view:

Jira Issues (epics/userstories) to AssertThat Features/Scenarios

Take a look at:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219033/assertthat-bdd-test-automation-in-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Traceability matrix details are at:

https://assertthat.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ABTM/pages/757596173/Traceability+report

Thanks

Nick

Like Leonard Collins likes this
Leonard Collins July 9, 2019

Thanks for this Nick. I'll take a look.

Suggest an answer