Trac Import error

Tshepo November 22, 2012

Hi

I am trying to import backup data into Jira but i get this error "No conf/trac.ini found in Zip file". I have moved the trac.ini file out of the config folder and placed in into the root o the zip file. We still received the same responce as before when trying to import the zip file. Does the zip file need to have a certain name convention?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Hi Tshepo,

In my experience, the trac zip file does not need a naming convention. Is the trac.ini file inside the conf folder which should be at the root of your zip file? e.g. /conf/trac.ini

Regards

Patrick

Tshepo November 25, 2012

I agree with and just did that i worked but after importing data we having a problem with jira..its slow and shuts down?

Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

do you mean JIRA shuts down by itself? do you see any errors in logs?

Tshepo November 25, 2012

Yes i do..when i restart it takes abt 30min and then it goes slow: errors

java.sql.SQLException: Unable to create connection

at com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.EntityManagedActiveObjects.find(EntityManagedActiveObjects.java:129) <+2> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)

at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:58)

2012-11-26 11:22:58,382 http-8080-13 ERROR laurat 682x5386x40 rpolxd 192.168.1.107 /charts [jira.charts.jfreechart.DisplayChartServlet] Error checking path, returning 404 (filename='jfreechart-onetime-7219799173764077212.png').

Tshepo November 25, 2012

Is the a way i can send you the logs file?

Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

you can send it to patrick@appfusions.com

Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

OK, there appears to a lot of errors related to database connectivity. It appears you are using MS SQL Server with jtds database driver? JIRA is complaining that it cannot find the database driver, can you check if you have the driver jar file installed? usually in tomcat's lib directory.

Tshepo November 25, 2012

I do have jtds driver..we have been uisng this instance for a while now.

Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

The log files does not show JIRA startup, can you share the log that shows from when you start up JIRA until it is up?

Suggest an answer