Total times per company

Steve Szmidt October 30, 2013

How do I run a report which shows totals of the time tracking numbers per company, or any other field

2 answers

0 votes
Steve Szmidt October 30, 2013

Thanks!

We got Tempo as well. My dilemma is that we need to track time available to each company and then deduct that time from each of their cumulated issues.

Currently (while totally new to Jira, etc) we are trying to use Estimated and Logged time to track available and used time. I'm trying to find some reporting that makes it easy to see how much total time has been used for any one company and not just that particular issue.

One idea is to create a "master" issue and then make all others for that company a sub task. Which sort of work but adds all this extra work. That way one can compare Estimated with Logged. The problem is to figure out how to get those numbers to show up in Tempo as currently they are not on the list of fields. (At least that I could find.)

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

You can also add Workload Pie Chart Report as a gadget to Dashboard.

How create Dashboard:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+the+Dashboard#CustomizingtheDashboard-CreatingaDashboard

How to add Workload Pie Chart Report gadget:

1. Click on Add Gadget link in upper right side of the Dashboard.

2. Click on Workload Pie Chart

3. Click on Finished button.

4. Now you can enter information explained in my answer.

You tell Jira what issues to include with filter (all or issues limited with filter).

You also need to have custom field with information about Compay (you need to create it and add to project screens if doesn't exist).

You will need to deduct "summarized time of the Company in graph" and "Time available to each company by yourself.

With Tempo you can try:

>>Dilema: My dilemma is that we need to track time available to each company and then deduct that time from each of their cumulated issues.

You can also prepare Teams in Tempo (in one Team are users from one Company).

Enter "Time available for company" as planned time in tempo.

Tempo is capable to deduct time "After loging spent time in issues" in Teams view automaticaly.

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

>> Question: The problem is to figure out how to get those numbers to show up in Tempo as currently they are not on the list of fields. (At least that I could find.)

You can select for example third (report in tabular view) of fourth (report in table view) report in Tempo. Tempo will show Estimated and Worked time (you can add/remove these informaton by selecting Views menu from upper right side of the screen).

It is also possible to export data to excel by selecting Export to Excel from Views menu.

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

You can try:

- Go to one project,

- select Summary tag,

- find Report section on the bottom of the page and

- select Workload Pie Chart Report.

You will see form with filds to configure report. You need to enter information in these fields:

1. Project or Saved Filter field - select filter or project with issues for report

2. Statistic Type field - select custom field Company

3. Time field to report on field - select one, in your case Time Spent.

Click Next to get report.

Link in Atlassian documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workload+Pie+Chart+Report ;

I suggest you also to try one of time tracking and resource planning solutions (free or paid) available in Atlassian Marketplace.

( e.g. Tempo plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/is.origo.jira.tempo-plugin or
JIRA Timesheet Reports and Gadget)

Suggest an answer