Total issues is 0 in planning board - Assignee, why ?

JIRA Autobot May 7, 2012

Hi,

This one is driving me crazy. We are running the latest version of Jira and Greenhopper.

When i go to Planning board - Assignee then i click on one assignee i get a list of issues but in the Assignee box there is Total issues : 0. How can that happen when the context is Default and it's actually showing issues ? Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ?

donnib

11 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chad Hahn May 15, 2012

Are you using LDAP/Active Directory? We've noticed a bug w/those and the username case. It isn't being fixed by Atlassian. I'll see if I can track down the number

Edit: See if this looks like your problem. It may be fixed after several weeks of teeth gnashing. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-4140

JIRA Autobot May 15, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for posting this, yes we are using LDAP/AD integration and this might very well be the case for this issue as well. I will wait for 5.9.8 to see if it solves the issue.

donnib

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2012

I would file a support ticket and include your backup file with the request. I think someone needs to dig into your instance to figure out what's happening. It's hard to do that based on a static screenshot with something like this.

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2012

You said you have tried all combinations. What happens if you switch to On the Fly? What about if you select a different Fix Version? I know you are interested in that specific Fix Version, but curious what the behavior is.

For your Default Context, what are you sorting the issues by?

It could be a number of different things, just throwing out some suggestions of what I would check.

JIRA Autobot May 8, 2012

If i switch to On the fly i see exactly the same result.

If i try Unreleased Versions, Uscheduled or another fixVersion again i see same result.

Default Context and On the fly is sorted by the Rank field.

So no matter what combination i try i see issues/cards for that Assignee but the statistics box is showin 0 issues in all fields.

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2012

Is the 17-May-2012 field value you are showing in the screenshot your fix version? If you switch to another fix version do the results change?

What about if you switch the context from Default to On the Fly?

I saw similar behavior in my instance, but it was because I had selected an assignee that didn't have issues assigned to them with that fix version. Not sure if that is what's happening in your case...

JIRA Autobot May 8, 2012

Valid question but i have tried all combinations and since it's actually showing issues that are for that particular fixVersion it should work and yes that is my fixVersion. I have run out of ideas for this behaviour.

0 votes
JIRA Autobot May 7, 2012

Yes, i poked around for hours trying to figure out what's going on and could not find the cause to this so yes this must be abug unless somebody has an explanation for this.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

Sorry, couldn't think about anything else that can cause this? May be you can launch a support ticket with Atlassian.

0 votes
JIRA Autobot May 7, 2012

Here you can see i have selected assignee "C" and i can see his tasks but notice that all fields in the Assignee is 0.

0 votes
JIRA Autobot May 7, 2012

Yes i am looking at the right one. I click on an assignee, i can then see a list of cards on the right but the Greenhopper box itself shows 0 Total Issues. There are although users which do have correct Total Issues but many don't so i also think this is a bug.

I also tried to click Issue Navigator on the Assignee and then i get a list of issues which is equivalent to the list of cards i see in Greenhopper so i know there are issues but Greenhopper does not record those.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

Am a bit confused, if time permits, upload a screeshot.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2012

Should be a bug, I am just hoping that you are looking at the right box of the assignee on the right side (which indeed has assigned issues)

0 votes
JIRA Autobot May 7, 2012

No one has an idea what this might be caused by ?

Suggest an answer