Total issue count

Archana A K July 6, 2017

hi,

Is there a way to track the total issue count in a particular sprint?

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Turner July 6, 2017

You can write a script that uses JIRA's REST API to find a sprint's issues, and get stats from them. Here are some Ruby sample scripts.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2017

What does "track" mean in this context?  You can see the issues by looking at the board, but I suspect you want more than just that?

Archana A K July 6, 2017

By "track" i mean the total "sum" of issues. For a particular sprint, is there a way i can get the total count of issues and the total coiunt of bugs rather than manually counting?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2017

Run filters for the various "sprint = X and issuetype = Y" you need and the results will tell you those numbers.

I'd also save these filters and use them in dashboards.

Another option might be a filter for "all issues" (or variants that you're interested in) used in a "2 dimensional filter stats" gadget with sprint and issue type as axes.

Suggest an answer