Total cost for a hosted project ?

Abraham V March 26, 2014

I'm trying to evaluate Atlassian/JIRA as a host for our development needs. From what I gather online, I like what I see, but have a few questions about features and cost.

Let me first describe our workflow (we make mobile applicaitons).

A client will come to us with some requirements. This gets passed to the developers who decide how to tackle the problem. An initial build is made. A tester manually plays with the release. If no major bug is detected, it gets sent to customer.

The tools we currently use are;

Pivotal Tracker ( avg $20 per month)

Github ( avg $10 per month)

And that's about it. We have a monthly "hosting" budget of about $30 for 5 - 7 people (people = customer + manager + developers + testers)

Something we are badly missing is a (manual) test case management tool. And I want to fit that in with some kind of requirements tool as well.

I *think* we can use JIRA to replace Pivotal Tracker and Bitbucket to replace github. How much would this cost? And for how many users? To sell this to my management, I need to add a test managment tool. TestLodge and Zephyr look like they might work, but they don't support hosting. :(

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Abraham V.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2014

Try Jira OnDemand for a month for free: https://www.atlassian.com/software/ondemand/overview

and Bitbucket free for 5 users: https://www.atlassian.com/software/bitbucket/overview

Cheers!

Abraham V March 27, 2014

Are there any test management tools that can be used ondemand ?

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2014
0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Self host? Not going to be hard since it's only 10 users. Every app from Atlassian should be $10 for 10 users.

Abraham V March 27, 2014

Umm... no, not self hosting. We are looking for someone else to do the hosting so that anyone can access it from the general internet (after authentication). Is this difficult?

Suggest an answer