Too many accesses to JIRA database

Begoña Bonet March 27, 2015

We have detected that there are too many accesses (several milions of times per week) to our JIRA database made for the query:

SELECT COUNT(I.ID) 

FROM jiraissue I 
WHERE I.PROJECT=:1 AND I.ASSIGNEE=:2       

We don't have any customfield based on this query, thus we have supposed there is due to any specific gadget in a Dashboard. 

Any idea?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Begoña Bonet March 30, 2015

Finally it seems that our problem was related with https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-36699

1 vote
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2015

Hi Begoña! I have a few ideas, most from similar issues I saw in the past. I suggest to you to check the 3 things below.

1. Your REST calls. We have a documented bug (JRA-34412) about this.
  2. Large number of projects and customfields (JRA-25721)
  3. Check if the problem does not happen only when you are navigating in projects with Issue-level security. I saw a few reports about this kind of query running a lot when a user is navigating in this projects.

I hope my ideas help you on finding the root cause of this problem, but if they don't, and this queries start to affect the performance of your JIRA instance, I recommend to you to create a ticket to our support team in support.atlassian.com

Cheers!
Teilor

0 votes
Begoña Bonet March 29, 2015

Thanks Teilor! I'll check this 3 points!!!!

Suggest an answer