Too many Resolutions

Nicholas Hilton November 1, 2017

An import we performed brought in unwanted entries into the Resolution field due to an error in linking. Now we have hundreds of entries into the Resolution field that I need to delete. Is there any way to bulk delete these erroneous entries?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2017

You probably don't want to remove those entries from the issues, as that would leave "closed" issues also "unresolved".

There is no bulk remove, because Jira needs to check you won't be trashing your data if you do it.

Rather than mess around replicating all the checks and working out which ones you could remove safely and automatically with database hacks, or even code, it is probably going to be easiest to simply go over them one by one and click delete.  If there are no issues using it, Jira will remove it.  If there are, it will do all the search and updates you need when you select the new resolution for them.
As I usually have script-runner or code stuff to hand, I would be tempted to script removal of 0-issue resolutions, but I don't think you'll find you have any.

Suggest an answer