Too many Jira notifications

C August 29, 2013

I believe our team is so inendated by Jira notifications that no one reads them, making the tool less helpful. I want to configure a Notification Scheme and remove redundant emails sent to the user who made the change. Is there a way to acheive this?

Thanks,

Christian G.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2013
No and yes. No, you can't do this in the notification scheme (although I always recommend people work through them and ask if every single notification is really useful to the recipients). But, yes, because you can set a flag in your profile to say "do not email me on my own changes". Consider setting it in the global default as well
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013
The default for this is set to not notify the person making the change in JIRA 5.1 or later. What certain are you using, @Christian?

Suggest an answer