Toggle private comments off

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen October 2, 2019

Is there a option to not displaying private/restricted comments?

If there are private/restricted comments on a issue, that the current user can see, i would like a option to hide these, without having to switch to a different user.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Hello Mikkel,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you would like to set the ability to restrict comments to a group/Project role you are not added to, making the comment invisible to your own user. Is it correct?

Unfortunately, this action is not available for JIRA since the restriction of the comments you can see could be performed by accident and hide information that you don't know who can access or even no one else access - If you are the only site-admin in your instance, for example. You can see the description of this behavior in the KB below:

Add Restricted Comments on Jira 

That being said, the only way to restrict it to you would be by asking another user to set the configuration.

If you think this functionality can be improved and the issues that it would cause could be avoided, please feel free to provide more details of your idea by opening a feature request in the link below:

Create a new feature request - Atlassian Portal 

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Suggest an answer