Toggl Sync on closed Issues

Bastian Widmer June 3, 2015

Hi there

we encountered the issue that work logged on closed issues isn't added as a worklogger. is there a way to enable this? it can happen that toggl is still running when an issue is closed and this workloggers won't get in afterwards.

/michael

2 answers

1 vote
Bastian Widmer June 7, 2015

Hi Till

Thanks for your reply. We actually found that if you allow the editing of closed issues: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allow+editing+of+Closed+Issues then Toggl is actually able to add timeloggs to closed issues. But as the default is that closed ones cannot be editied, its probably the best to still find a way on how to do that smile

Cheers

Michael

Till June 8, 2015

Hi Michael thanks, that of course, makes total sense. Thanks for following up. I'll see if we really should track regardless of the editability of an issue. My immediate guess would be no; but I'll check with the developer. Thanks, Till

Bastian Widmer June 8, 2015

the only problem: nothing tells you that the sync failed, so maybe a email to the admins of jira or any other notification would help to not loose any timelogs :)

Till June 9, 2015

Yep the error-handling should be improved. I can only imagine that you discovered this by coincidence when controlling a project's work log. Thanks again!

0 votes
Till June 6, 2015

Hello Michel

I just tested this on both an open and a closed issue. You're right, Joggler is not currently tracking time on closed issues. I am reporting this as an issue and will clarify with the developer if this is intended.

A workaround for you would be that you open the issue again (since there is still work going on on the issue, this does not seem to be too exotic)...

Thanks for asking and happy Joggling,

Till

Suggest an answer