To update this sprint you must have Project Administrator permissions for all of the following projects: 10004, EU App Support Scrum.

Ashley Byrne April 2, 2015

Hi All

I am getting this error when trying to complete a sprint within JIRA

To update this sprint you must have Project Administrator permissions for all of the following projects: 10004, EU App Support Scrum.

I can confirm that i am an admin of the project yet i still get this error message any thoughts

6 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

This a known bug which was just recently fixed. with https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9030.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/154543

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2015

We recently had a similar issue when a number of tickets were moved from one project to another. Seemed as if the project list in the error message wasn't updated to include the project the tickets moved to for a little while. We had other issues justifying a restart so that may have been what resolved that (error message) issue. We added the user to the new project and all was fine.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2015

Is your project really called "10004, EU App support scrum", or are there actually two projects?  The comma in there usually implies that there are two projects there

If my guess is correct, then to extend the train of thought, my instincts are saying that your board used to cover two projects, one of which had the ID 10004, but it has been deleted (so it's not showing you the project name).  So you'd need admin rights on two projects, one of which you can't have rights on because it's not there any more.  If that is right, then go into the board configuration, find the filter behind it and change the filter so it doesn't include the dead project any more.

0 votes
Ashley Byrne April 3, 2015

This is setup with developers which i am also a member of that role

RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2015

Ok then final check that I could think of ,

Under configure board, could you check at General --> Filter query and if there are no parallel sprints for the same project ?

0 votes
Ashley Byrne April 3, 2015

I can navigate to the Configure Board - General

The administer Projects is setup as above

RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2015

Ok , could you please check the below:

Transition issues and Schedule issues under permission schem and whether you have rights added.

0 votes
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2015

Could you check these two things at Project details:

image2015-4-3 11:28:58.png

And you have agile board administration rights?

Configure board --> General.

Suggest an answer