To send email notification for status change to a single user

Pooja Singh February 22, 2017

Hello,

I wants to send email notification to a particular user when the issue status is changed. (for all the statuses of the issue)

Apart from this, the user should not get any other notification regarding the issue.

All the other users should get all the notifications per the specifications

Thanks in advance,

Pooja

3 answers

1 vote
Krishna August 14, 2017

Hi Pooja,

You have to add post function on each transition of the workflow to send email to a user or a group of users. 

I would suggest you add the user to watchers and set the post function to send notification to all watchers so that this workflow can be used in multiple instances. 

This will not change anything in your notification scheme so I think this would work for you. 

-Krishna

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2017

Change the notification scheme (and/or possibly the user's groups and roles) so that it doesn't mail that user except for when they need it.

Pooja Singh February 23, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

Thanks for your quick response,

I am able to manage in keeping the user in a group and changing the notification scheme.

But, I need email notification to be sent to the user throughout the lifetime of the workflow (Only when the status is changed) and not for a particular transition or stage.

This is where I'm facing the major problem

Thank,

@Pooja Singh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2017

A transition is the only way to change a status.

Each transition has a "fire event" on it, which you can set to whatever you need.  You can add more events to the global list under admin -> events, and then use different ones for each different transition.

The events then will send email to who-ever needs them via the notification scheme.

So, change the events on the transitions, and set up the notification scheme as needed to inform your users.

0 votes
Ilia Ostroumov March 21, 2017

Hello! You may take a look on this add-on -  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ovdgroup.jira.unilistener/server/overview

It has ability to send custom e-mails according to defined conditions.

Suggest an answer