To develop a command line interface where a text or XML file can be sent to a JIRA to execute multiple individual/unique tasks.

Alekhya January 9, 2014

I have 100 JIRA issues I want to link to 100 other jira Issues (one-to -one). I've been reading up on Bulk Actions, but I don't see .I need this to develop a command line interface where a text or XML file can be sent to a JIRA to execute multiple individual/unique tasks.

Any help??

I have no idea how to interact jira through command line.

Thanks in advance

Alekhya.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

The Jira command line "plugin" actually lives outside Jira on a client machine. You don't install it in Jira.

If you write your own command line, you will need to do it the same way - write something that talks to Jira via REST (the Jira command line plugin uses a mix of REST and SOAP, although it may have moved to nothing but REST in later versions, as SOAP will be dropped in Jira 7+)

If for some reason, you can't use the Jira command line, then you'll need to write something else. Use anything that supports REST calls and start with https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

0 votes
Alekhya January 20, 2014

Please can any one helpl in this regard!!

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

Look at JIRA Command Line Interface. It is likely it will cover your use case including bulk operations using one of the run like actions.

Alekhya January 15, 2014

i could not get how i can perform unique individual tasks like...

Example:

50 issues to link with 50 different issues ,

i have entered the ISSUE number ,lintk type and the target issue number in an excel sheet.

now i need to perform action of linking the issues with its target as mentioned in the excel sheet through COMMAND LINE.

Could you please help me in this regard.

Alekhya January 15, 2014

We Dont have Jira Command line interface plugin installed ...

i need help how to startup in developing a simple command line interface witth jira..

Suggest an answer