To create a filter for open issues out of multiple projects.

Shishir Tiwari June 6, 2017

I have multiple projects under the projects list. I have to create a filter that has all open issues as per the status selected out of all the projects. This is a sample JQuery that I am running:

project = "AIDC_IS_*"  AND issuetype="Internal Defect" and status="To Do" AND status="Resolved" AND status="In Progress"

I want to create a filter for all the projects that begin with "AIDC_IS_*" but I am getting the following error: "The value 'AIDC_IS_*' does not exist for the field 'project'."

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

Project does not accept wildcards, it's an absolute project or list of projects.

You'll need to define the list of projects for the query with "project in (AIDC_IS_1, AIDC_IS_2, ...)"

There may be a better way though - if you can use project categories to group your projects together.  For example, put all your AIDC_IS projects into a category of that name, then you can simply say "category = AIDC_IS"

Thanks Nic, I will try that and let you if it worked :)

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

Hi Shishir,

you can't add a wildcard to the project field. But if you want to query all the projects, you don't have to add "project = " to your JQL, just start with "issuetype = ..."

Hey Thomas thanks, but if I start with "issuetype=.." I would get issues that do not belong to my projects. 

Suggest an answer