To check the no. of license user

Mahesh Jaiswal July 13, 2015

How can we check the users in JIRA are used as license user. And if we delete the user, it will automatically freed up the license. And if i deactivate the users, how can we check that user is license users or not. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2015

If a user is active and in one of the login groups, they are taking up a licence.  There's no "check" to do beyond "active and can log in".

Deleting a user reduces the count by 1 (but don't do it because it can mess with your history).  Deactivating a user reduces the count too.

Mahesh Jaiswal July 13, 2015

Thanks for your reply... I want to ask one more question... How can we check that we have purchased the login in Jira with how many no of users?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2015

The user list will say "X users are in JIRA, using Y licences of your licence for Z" Admin -> System info carried the same information in the licence section too Admin -> Licence also tells you They all phrase it differently, but tell you the same information That's the stuff inside JIRA though. If you are unsure that you have purchased, look in your my.atlassian account - that will only tell you the number of users you have a licence for (and give you the key to paste into JIRA if you haven't done it yet)

Suggest an answer