To able to hide the "Attachments" section from Jira-user based on their group in JIRA 4.3.4

Coşkun CAN August 17, 2012

Hello everyone,

I have a problem or a case.

To able to hide the "Attachments" section from Jira-user based on their group.

Example: "company-users" group can view attachments section while " external - users" group cannot.

I solved part of problem.(java script solving),But Attachments seems in activity-stream.(Activity Tabs (All,Comments,History,Activity,Transitions )) I didnt solve this part.

Where can I find " Activity Tabs (All,Comments,History,Activity,Transitions ) "file-directory in Jira 4.3.4 ?
I found some files.I configurated these files.But, I think, these files is not true file.

MyGoal is to make configuration this or these files.

Because,I don't want to view attachments are coming in activity(History)
I only wonder, what is directory of file or files. I will configure it.
IS it possible, can you say ?

Thanks in advance ...

3 answers

1 vote
Paul Clark _Redmoon Software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2014

Hi, not sure if you are still looking but I have a plugin that I think should be able to do this. It's called Document Vault (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.redmoon.jira.documentvault) and is an independent attachments system within JIRA.

Access can be confined to a group of users and/or Issue reporter and/or assignee. Unauthorised users are not able to view the attachments and the attachments related comment. There is also a project level search page to view attachments (that you are authorised to see) within the project. I am also open to suggestions if there is particular functionality you want added.

Benu Gupta August 5, 2015

Does the plugin allow for the security on attachments to be applied for certain projects or issue types only?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2015

Hi Benu, no the plugin does not let you specify that it is only for specific project or issue types. I'll add it to the list of things to do.

Marketplace Partner
August 10, 2015

Hi Benu, Got a bit of free time and have added the features you asked for. You can set Document Vault to be active for only particular project and optionally for Issue Types within those projects. Let me know if you have any problems.

Benu Gupta August 10, 2015

Thanks for the updated version Paul. I am able to activate the plugin for a project / issuetype, but I don't want to restrict it to same group of users for multiple projects. Also it will be nice to be able to hide only certain types/categories of attachments on the issue. Thanks again!

Marketplace Partner
August 10, 2015

Hi Benu. For user access if you use the current Document Vault group and restrict users access to projects you should be able to provide the appropriate level of access. At this stage I don't have time to implement groups at the project level, as this would also mean replicating the reporter, assignee and creator access. I put this down as something to look at in the future. As for the types of files that would be part of the blacklist/whitelist functionality in the main configuration that would need to be copied down to the project level. This I'll also add to my list of things to do. Not sure on a timeline for either of these.

1 vote
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2012

Hey there,

This is not possible within JIRA as you are describing it. We have an open issue where customers have asked for this feature here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6185

If you read the first response, Atlassian actually does something similar by using different issue types for internal and external issues. Scott wrote:

"We do this in our support system by having an issue type that is for private support requests, and only the user and support people can view that issue.

Then we delete an attachments, and make the issue public again. You can do that with issue level security if you want also."

Cheers,
Boris Berenberg
Atlassian Support - San Francisco
Enjoyed the support?! Tweet us! #atlassiansupport

Coşkun CAN September 9, 2012

Hello,

I modified some files in Jira 4.3.4 Folder and It is working.

Development files : view-attachment.jsp and action.jsp

Kind Regards,

thanks,,

Leonidas Kapsokalyvas April 16, 2013

Hi Coskun,

Would it be possible to share your javascript changes in a patch file ?

Thanks

0 votes
Coskun March 2, 2014

Suggest an answer