I've been running Jira for over 6 years -- and I have a tons of projects, issues, custom fields, plugins, etc.
I am looking for any tips on cleaning up my instance. I know how to find old issues. But what I am looking for is:
1. Projects that haven't been used since a certain amount of time
2. custom fields that aren't being used (either associated with a project, or associated with an issue)
3. Email handlers that aren't being used
4. Listeners that aren't being used
5. Services that aren't being used
6. General DB clean-up tips -- for example, my instance has over 12 million lines in the notificationinstance table!
As for removing issues in bulk, or notificationinstance -- I usually just delete stuff via sql query, then run an integrity check to fix any fallout -- not ideal (and this has only been done in test instances).
I have 180,000 issues or so spread across 100+ projects. Nightmare. :)
Any tips appreciated!
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG