Timesheet issue after backup or upgrade JIRA.

Boris Hitev March 5, 2013

Hello, After JIRA upgrade or after importing JIRA backup I have Gadget error.

Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500

If I delete the gadget and add it again it will work. But the problem is that soon I'm going to do JIRA upgrade and I don't want to ask and explain everybody that they have to delete and add again their timesheet gadged. Is there any more convenient way to do it without being necessary to readd it again?

Thanks,

Boris Hitev

1 answer

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2013

This gadget comes from JIRA Time Sheet plugin. Have you disabled/uninstalled it over the upgrade process ? I faced the same issue when I did so.

Boris Hitev March 6, 2013

Yes, I have disable it because when I did JIRA Upgrade Check the plugine "Timesheet" was in the list Compatible after upgrade the plugin also.

"These plugins have updates that are compatible with JIRA 5.2.6, but are not compatible with your current version of JIRA. To proceed with your upgrade safely, we recommend that you disable these plugins, perform the product upgrade, and then upgrade these plugins after your product upgrade is complete.

Boris Hitev March 6, 2013

I'm still in LAB environment and I still have some snapshots where I can revert and try again without disabling the plugin. If you think it could be a solution.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2013

Hmm, I had done the same and had to remove and add the gadgets again to get it working :(.

Please wait a while, perhaps someone else will have a better idea.

Suggest an answer