Timelogging type

We have a need to denote whether the time is billable or not. Has anyone been able to come up with a solution in an OnDemand environment or know of a plugin that provides this capability (even though I know we cannot install plugins..but we are evaluating our options right now).

Our only solution right now is creating double the tasks - one that we have a custom field on to indicate if it is billable and one that is not. Obviously, this is open for manual errors and invoicing problems. But, wanted to see if anyone else has any other solution to this.

2 answers

1 accepted

This is possible using the Tempo Plugin's worklog attributes. You can set these attributes when logging work and then filter by attribute when viewing reports.

Tempo is approved for use with OnDemand, but is a third-pary commercial product that requires a separate subscription.

Tempo is price prohibitive for us at $4k for first year.

We ended up having to create another custom field titled Billable? to add to the screen. Then also updated the workflows so that if any subtask were added this field's value was also set based on the parent - however, the user could change it on edit.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

215 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you