Time zone issue with TimeSheet plugin?

andrey dmitriev December 19, 2012

We have two tickets which have a time that was worked right after midnight today (20/Dec/12 12:11 AM)

yet when we run the timesheet report they show up in 19/Dec/2012 column..

I looked at TimeSheet admin in Jira, and see no time zone configurations.

Is this a bug or a timezone issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

Hi,

It might be timezone issue, have you checked this tricky document: https://www.primetimesheet.net/wiki/Multiple_Time_Zones.html?

What timezone does JIRA use and your profile? You can check first in administration - general configuration, and second in your priofie.

Thank you.

Rafiq September 3, 2019

The link is NOT opening for me :(

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

I've just updated the link.

Rafiq September 4, 2019

The link is working now

Thanks

0 votes

Just to clarify, this is not an issue of two users seeing the same info differently.

I am the user with that sees the worklog at 12:11 AM by looking at ticket directly (and querying the database directly), but timesheet doesn't.

<dl><dt>Time Zone:</dt><dd>JIRA default (GMT-05:00) New York</dd></dl>
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2012

And that user who logged the work, does he have the same timezone?

The user is in GMT-06:00 and it shows up as 11:06 on Dec 19 for him, which is correct, IMO, as it's still 12:06 AM in GMT -05:00. Basically, I think from my GMT-05:00 perspective what I see in worklog as time and what I see in the timesheet should be consistent.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2012

That's exactly the case described in the link I gave above. It's the feature, timesheet shows work on the day worker worked. It's tricky, but I hope makes sense too.

Suggest an answer