Time tracking

David Silva January 22, 2018

We are looking to have the ability to do the following time tracking features;

1) Do we have the date and time the ticket was originally opened? 
2) And any pause status’? 
3) And when they are closed? 
4) Also I see some of the information isn’t available for some of the tickets why?

We are running version 6.0.5.

Also keen to understand if we can use the existing time tracking capabilities to do this for us, extraction of the data could be API, I don't mind.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018
  1. Yes, the created field
  2. If you build one into your workflow, yes
  3. If you build it into the workflow, yes
  4. Because you've not given it to Jira, you're not looking in the right place, or you've not configured it (I can't tell what you're looking for from "some of the information")

Jira logs all changes to issues in the history, barring structural ones (if you reconfigure the project to use different fields for example) and, annoyingly, edits made to comments are not logged.

So you can always work out when an issue changed status by looking at the history.  This is a bit clunky though, having to read the history every time, so people with your requirements tend to add dedicated date/time fields as extra traps - some simple code to set them to "now" is used in the workflow to stamp them on to the issues.

David Silva January 25, 2018

Hi Nic,

First of all thank you very much to getting back to me, I have the following "standard" workflow with an addition of the "on-hold".

JIRA workflow.jpgOn the item number 2 I believe I have no "pause" status, unless we are talking about "progress".

Cheers.

David Silva

Suggest an answer